photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Thursday, September 5, 2013

East Coast Trip Part 2: NYC

On Saturday (8/28), we took the train into Grand Central Station for the day.  


Our first stop was to the Cake Boss bakery and lo and behold, Buddy showed up!!  What are the chances?!


 Next stop was the Museum of Natural History.  I wasn't too thrilled about this since I don't like museums in general and I have already been, but Josh had never so we went and made our suggested price upon entering and had fun wandering around.  It was fun just being the two of us and that was a fun aspect...the only fun aspect ;)  It was a beautiful day and I just couldn't wait to get to Central Park.  

 
View from Central Park
Lobby

FDR
 Right before going into Central Park, I grabbed a hot dog from a stand.  I've always wanted to do that, why I haven't...not sure.  It's really not a big deal haha. 


And now to Central Park!  As you can tell it was a GORGEOUS day and I had never really been IN Central Park, just around it.  We spent a couple hours walking around, snapping photos, got an ice cream and really enjoyed everything it had to offer.  






Street Performers- who spent 20 minutes just trying to get our money!

Our journey led us out of the peaceful park into this...  The hustle and bustle of the Big Apple.  

We then headed down to the new World Trade Center and 9/11 Memorial.  As I walked around I just couldn't believe what happened that dreadful day.  I tried to imagine what the city looked like, full of smoke and people running around everywhere.  It makes me so sad to think that every single name I saw on the memorial was a mother, father, brother, sister, friend, aunt, or uncle.  So many people's lives were affected and forever will be.  The memorial was beautiful and there were several people there to pay their respects.  





Visitors Center that opens Spring 2014





Our day ended at Benjamen's Steak House.  Josh received a dinner allowance to take me to dinner and that's where we picked.  It was delicious.  The meat just fell apart on our plate.  It was a perfect day, just the two of us.  Thanks Eve for watching Charlotte! 

Up Next...trip to Boston!

3 comments:

  1. What a great trip! I've always wanted to see the new 9/11 memorial! Needless to say, I loved seeing your pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR DRESS YOU ARE WEARING!?!? I LOOOOVE IT. Excuse my excitement haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Looks like it was great weather for a day in the city!!!! Hope everything is going well!
    -Hayley

    ReplyDelete