photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Naomi's Baby Blessing

As Latter-Day Saints, we bless infants and announce their name that they will be known throughout their life.  This is known as a blessing.  Josh performed this special blessing and she was blessed in the same dress Charlotte was.  This dress was made by Grandma Sheila from my wedding dress.  It is one of my most favorite possessions.  I love it so much.  The slip has both of their names and the blessing date embroidered on it.  




For this special occassion, we had several family members fly and drive into town.  We felt so much love, especially for our precious baby girl.  For most of our siblings, this was their first time meeting Miss Naomi.  





I probably sound like a broken record, but I really am so grateful for my family.  I take pride in my strong family relationships.  I feel like they take a lot of love and nurturing and I try to put my soul into that.  Relationships matter to me above anything else in this world.  Now that I have created my own family, I want to teach my girls by example just how important the family unit is.  Knowing that our families will perpetuate beyond the grave and that we can be an eternal family brings so much comfort to me.  I am grateful for the fulness of the Gospel that has been restored to the earth.  For the Priesthood Power, for my daughters to have the opportunity to be given these beautiful blessings as an infant, to set expectations how to live their life at such a young age and to be entrusted with so much potential.  I love listening to the words that Josh is inspired to say and think about all that our girls will accomplish in their lives. 
 

If you would like to learn more about our beliefs as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, feel free to click on our official website and request missionaries to come answer your individual questions in your home or read up on different topics.   



No comments:

Post a Comment