photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Mother's Day

We were fortunate enough to have both of our moms in town over Mother's Day weekend.  On Sunday, we started with celebrating Eve and all went to the Cracker Barrell before everyone drove back home.  It was fun to spend some time just with the Whitmores.  And Cracker Barrell is ALWAYS a good idea. ;)



When we got home, we celebrated with my mom and siblings.  We gave her our cards and gifts.  Charlotte gave me a gift as well.  Something I've wanted for a while but didn't know if I'd have another baby.  I got two stacking rings with Charlotte and Naomi's name engraved on them.  I love them!!  This was also Naomi's first time to church.  We only stayed for the first hour because GERMS!  The primary children sang to all the moms so I didn't want to miss that!  For some reason, Josh had saved us seats smack dab in the middle of the congregation.  I was up a few times with both girls and it was rather embarrassing.  But I guess makes for an eventful Sacrament meeting.  Charlotte was the only one doing all the motions the chorister was doing to help the kids remember the words.  Haha.  It was cute.  



After church we had a chicken alfredo meal, one of my mom's favorite dishes, and I had ordered her a bundt cake.  It was a relaxing day overall...just what my mom wants anyway.  


I love this holiday because not only does it celebrate "moms" but it celebrates all women.  All women are naturally nurturing and to some capacity have helped in motherly ways to someone else, I believe.  I love being a mom to Charlotte and Naomi.  There is nothing that has ever been more or even equally rewarding.  I am grateful to my mom and all the sacrifice she has made for me and my siblings.  Living across the country is not easy for her situation and she always makes time for me and comes to visit me and my family.  We love when she comes.  It's always a party and always exciting.  I am so glad I got to celebrate with her in person this year!!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! The photos are wonderful. So good to see the Whitmore siblings together! What a wonderful weekend.
    Love , Kim

    ReplyDelete