photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Holiday Festivities

This last week, we celebrated Thanksgiving...just like the rest of you.  It has been such an eventful week, it is becoming all a blur, so I thought I'd write everything down before I forget!
 
We arrived in Utah one week ago, after leaving Orange County on Friday and spent the night in St. George.  We left the hotel early in the morning in time for me to get to a bridal shower in Bountiful.  My roommate, Maggie, is getting married in December and I won't be able to make the wedding so I wanted to make the shower.  It was so fun to see her, Mary and Liz (who I also lived with).  I defintely looked like I had just drove up ten hours!!

The next few days we hung out with my family and then Josh's parents arrived in Utah Tuesday.  We hung out with them all day and again on Wednesday.  We went bowling, walked on BYU and saw all the changes they have made to campus, ate yummy food, and relaxed. 
Attempt to take a picture in our first place together!
Eating Chick-fil-A at the Cougareat!
Bowling at BYU!
Wednesday night, we had a house full of people up at my parent's place.  Josh's family, Tyler's family, Alma, Audrey and Cabre, and Jim and Janice's family.  We all sat around visiting and ate pizza.  It was such a fun night to have everyone together!
My parents with both son-in-law's parents (make sense?)
Thursday, we had Paige and Darren's family over as well as the Whitmores.  I took most pictures with my camera (not my phone) and I don't have the capability to upload them right now, so all the pictures I am posting are strictly from my phone.  Sorry.  It was, again, a lot of fun and a big success!

Last minute grocery shopping on Thanksgiving.  Sorry Wal-Mart employees. 



I was in charge of decorations...centerpiece 1
Another centerpiece
Thanksgiving ended with some Black Friday shopping at 6 pm at Wal-Mart.  I couldn't believe the crowds.  Eve, Annie and I went.  We got seperated, found a couple great deals, and left quick.  Annie got in line for us which saved us a ton of time.  Up next....Target.  Another mad house!  We had specific things we needed to get for my mom.  It's always fun just seeing the crowds and crazy people.  The next morning was really sad, when Josh left for his long car ride across the country.  I hated that he was driving by himself, but he eventually made it and now is on his way to Louisville, KY to stay at his sister's house.  He starts training in Atlanta on Monday. 

Going for a ride with Gracee in the backyard

Leftovers with Grandpa
 Then at 8 am,  Tahnee and I ran to the outlets and Old Navy for some Black Friday shopping.  The outlets weren't too bad, but Old Navy was packed!!   Last night, we met up with Tyler's family and went to City Creek and then over to Temple Square to see the lights.  It was such a fun night.  There were a million people there!  It was so festive and really put everyone in the holiday spirit.  It was gorgeous and we were able to sneak in some last minute Black Friday shopping ;)






I have three more weeks in Utah and I'm sure a lot of blogging to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment