photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Friday, January 28, 2011

Dear Oprah,

Dear Oprah,
Often times on your show, you refer to certain moments as Ah-ha moments or a whisper that is warning you of something. I would like to clarify these moments as what is called the Holy Ghost, often referred to as the Holy Spirit. The Holy Ghost is a constant companion we can always have with us as we live righteously and are baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The Holy Ghost is able to let us know the truth of all things. The way the Holy Ghost communicates through us are through a still, small voice, also known as a "whisper." "His communication to our spirit carries far more certainty than any communication we can receive through our natural senses" (lds.org). Until one is baptized, they are able to experience the light of Christ, which is basically a temporary Holy Ghost. I know you believe in God, and all the miracles you have seen and demonstrated on your show, I thought you may want to know what this mysterious thing is that has helped with all these miracles. If you would like to know more information, my name is Tiersha Whitmore, one of your biggest fans or you can contact the local LDS missionaries there in Chicago. I love that you have really done so much good with what God, Heavenly Father, has blessed you with. Thank you for helping to change the world.

With much love and support,
Tiersha Whitmore


A little background on this letter:
Every time I watch the Oprah show and she talks about "whispers," etc., I constantly talk to the TV saying, "it's the Holy Ghost, Oprah, duh!" Obviously if I wrote her a letter it would be a little more thought out and talk about the wonderful Book of Mormon. I am so grateful to be a member of the Church; to have answers to "unanswered" questions, to know what the Holy Ghost is and what he is there for, to understand the importance of marriage and families and that it's not only til death but much past that, and all the other truths that have been restored through the gospel. I wish every one knew and understood this the way I do. And I look forward to learning more and trying to understand it more and more each day.

Sorry if I rambled, just want Oprah to understand what I do ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment