photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Day at Concord Mills

Over the weekend, Josh traveled to Kansas City for the Patriots game. He was pretty excited and luckily they won. And yes, I watched the game from home. It was stressful and I don’t think OT good for my heart.  This is the only picture he sent. Am I surprised? Not at all.



Monday, Charlotte had no school for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. I knew we needed to get out of the house but it was also going to be freezing. I put the girls in matching outfits and we headed to the Concord Mills Mall. It is pretty much the same as Ontario Mills in Southern California or an inside Block of Orange.









I had told Charlotte ahead of time that I wasn’t going to be buying anything extra for her, so if she wanted something, she needed to bring her own money. She has a jar of bills that she puts any money that comes in the mail or she gets for birthdays. She never touches it, but this time she was all for it! I told her she could only bring $10. Of course, it was burning a hole in her pocket by the time we stepped foot in the mall and we had to go directly to the Disney store (outlet). This child is OBSESSED with all stuffed animals. And she really does play with them all equally. So I was not surprised at all when she picked up a Vampirina doll. 

Then we went and ate lunch at the food court. Not the greatest options. Of course, Chick-Fil-A and Chipotle were on the outside of the mall, so we ate at Firebiuse Subs. I always forget how good that place is! Charlotte got a grilled cheese and I got the Turkey Bacon Ranch. Charlotte ate hers and said it was the best grilled cheese. That’s always a win when I can find a place where she likes to eat. And Naomi munch on the crust! (And yes, I had brought the baby more food!) 







I had told Charlotte we would ride the carousel as part of the trip to this mall. We needed to spend lots of time here because I knew she would be “bored” at home. I was a little surprised that it cost $3 (am I just too cheap), so just Charlotte rode.  Naomi and I watched and enjoyed that just as much. Of course Charlotte had to pick the “Mer-horse” in the middle and next to someone. The entire thing was practically empty. Oh well. 





It was a fun little outing. I haven’t been to that mall since we lived in Charlotte the first time. We walked around to kill more time. On our way back home, we stopped at Andy’s Frozen Custard, due to a recommendation from a friend. It was good! Josh wants to try it so I’m sure we will be back sometime soon.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment