photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to all.  It takes on a new meaning when you become a parent.  It really becomes about those who love and not so much in love with.  Don't take that the wrong way, I still celebrate Josh and the love that we share, but I love my Charlotte Lyn and want to celebrate that too.  I can't believe how fast time flies.  It feels like yesterday was last Valentines (you can read here and here.)  As you can tell from past holiday posts, I like Charlotte to have a holiday outfit.  Call me crazy!  Since we have been "snowed in" I never got around to an actual outfit, so we found some things already in her closet, put them together and Bibidi-Bobidi-Bo!  Naturally, I had to take a ton of photos of her cuteness :)
 






This one is for Grandma Sheila...her rocking chair and quilt!

Once we got ready (and after the above photos), Charlotte and I ran to vacuum out the car and went to Target for some much needed food, dinner and snacks for the babysitter.

We finally got to leave the house!
After Charlotte's nap, we opened presents!  Josh and I gave Charlotte light-up rings and rubber duckies.  My grandparents and Aunt Robyn gave her a Minnie Mouse purse filled with hair accessories and a card with their voices recorded on it!  Thank you!!

Decorations...
The only reason I care about having a fireplace mantle.
Found a free banner off Pinterest and printed it.  Maybe next year I'll have a non-paper banner.









 Tonight we went to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen at SouthPark Mall.   They were having a great deal going for V-day... 1 appetizer + 2 entrees + dessert for $30!  Can't beat that.  And the wait was only 15 minutes (opposed to Cheesecake Factory's 2 1/2 hour wait, where we tried going first)!

Red Velvet cake
 For my bouquet of flowers, I get a Rocky Mountain Chocolate carmel apple instead.  I can't keep flowers alive to save my life.   For my gift, I was to pick out something at the mall (due to the "snowed in" situation, Josh had a good excuse of not getting me anything); but it was too much pressure and we only had about 20 minutes until the mall closed, so we'll worry about my gift later.  It was such a nice evening with my hubby.  I love him so much and appreciate everything he does for me and Charlotte.  He is a great father and husband.  I have been so blessed to have found him and, somehow, convinced him to marry me :)  I realized on the way home we didn't get a picture together...and then forgot to ask the babysitter, so we took some selfies after I took her home!

#familyselfie
#wrappedaroundherfinger
#vdayselfie
In the morning, the Valentine's day plans continue as I get to Target first thing in the morning to get all the 50% off merchandise! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment