photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snowed In

I have said it before and I'll say it again...when we decided to move to Charlotte, NC, my husband told me it snowed maybe once a year and even that was just like dust.  I'll never have to shovel my driveway or anything like I would in places like Utah!  Well, my husband obviously tricked me (or lied to me, however you want to look at it) because we haven't left the house pretty much all week.  Right now I am watching a PRESS CONFERENCE about the snow!!  The Carolinas are not equipped for snow; they are talking about having more salt shipped in.  There are apparently no plows around us because Josh and I have been watching people throughout the day attempt to get out of our neighborhood.  We have a little hill that you have to drive up to get out of our neighborhood and everyone gets stuck in the same spot.  It's kind of sad because you know they have somewhere important to be...I mean, NOBODY is leaving, NOTHING is open...so to have to actually leave the house, it's got to be important.  They also just said that the southwest of the city got hit the worst...folks, that's us! 
All this leads me to BE PREPARED!  I have heard this my whole life, but since I've been on my own, I never had the room to hold extra food or extra stuff (emergency preparedness, flashlights, candles, etc.) or I never thought I needed it at the time.  But ever since we bought our house, Josh and I have been talking about getting food storage.  On Monday, on our way home from the indoor waterpark, I stopped by Target (where I do all my grocery shopping), and stocked up on food for Charlotte, milk, and a few other things.  I'm so glad I did because already we are almost out of milk (we still have a ton of Charlotte's whole milk--so if I get fat, you know why) and the power has been going out throughout the state and we are not equipped with any portable lighting.  I guess we have some decorative candles I can always light if it comes down to it.  Luckily, our water pipes have not frozen and our lights are still on.  This is just so crazy!!  I am hoping the worst that happens is that we have to cancel our babysitter tomorrow.  After this snow storm is over, we are going to stock up on a LOT of things!  
 
Moral of the story: BE PREPARED! You never know when you're going to need it.  
 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is so crazy! I am glad you at least have running water and electricity still! It's all over the news how bad these snow storms are! Hopefully it'll be over sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete