photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Post of 2012

I know, I know, I have been M.I.A. for a while here in the blogging world; but I'm back and ready for 2012 and a new year of posts!

"What have Tiersha and Josh been up to lately," is I'm sure what you've been losing sleep over the past several weeks.  Let me start out and say...A LOT!  We have been so busy running around, ending fall 2011 semester, traveling to see our families, working, Christmas shopping, you name it, we've been doing it.

After Thanksgiving (my last post), we worked a ton, studied for finals, went to Temple Square with Kasey and Preston and dinner at the Lion House, did a lot of Amazon shopping, went to Hatches hot chocolate in SLC, Cirque de la Symphonie, and a ton of other fun stuff!  More pictures to come.


On December 18, we flew to California and went straight to Issac's farewell and lunch at Jim and Janice's.  It was fun to see everyone.  We are so excited to have ANOTHER Elder Neilson out serving a mission!  Currently there are three Elder Neilson's serving and this will be number 4!  Throughout the week we did last minute shopping, of course went to Disneyland, took three of the kids to the spectrum for the day, visited Desiree in the hospital (and even spent the night), enjoyed having Tahnee and Tyler come a couple days before we had to leave, had a wonderful Christmas Eve party (thanks to Heidi and her family) in Temecula, went on an adventure all over Orange County looking for a dog to give my mom for Christmas (no luck), had Christmas with the Sheppard's and took 4 1/2 hours to unwrap all the presents, celebrated Dad's birthday with a new power station, then took off to Kentucky on the red-eye Christmas evening.  More pictures to come.


 
 
 
 
 
 

 Once we got to Kentucky, we went shopping AGAIN!!  I don't think we got anything, but just went with the rest of the family.  We did a lot of relaxing which was perfect.  One of the highlights was baby Tess.  Rachel and Kevin had their baby girl on December 20, 8 lbs 12 oz.  She is perfect in every way and kept getting cuter every day.  Everyone loved holding her.  She didn't cry EVER and was just the best little cuddler.  Some fun things we did was play with Bennett and Liam, went to a movie (MI3), went to the Muhammad Ali Museum, ate at Gustavo's, ate a TON of great food (Eve is an amazing cook) and then we ate a ton of desserts and candy (yum)!  Also something neat that Rach and Kevin do is bless their babies at home, so while the whole family was there, they blessed Tess.  It was a beautiful moment and very intimate.  I loved it.  Those pictures are coming...soon.  We had a great time relaxing, veging, and being together.  I wish we could see Josh's family more...and this year will be a year where we do see each other more!  Everyone is coming out for Josh's graduation in April, we are going on an Alaskan cruise in August, and possibly a Thanksgiving trip.  Four times in one year?!  So fun!!  I have to admit it was pretty hard saying goodbye to those cute little boys, Liam and Bennett.

 

We got in last night and flew right into Provo.  Came home, went through all the mail (thank you for all the Christmas cards!!), unpacked EVERYTHING, watched a little E!, and then went to bed.  It was a wonderful trip.  Thanks to both our parents who made it all possible!! Thank you to my wonderful husband for the Christmas gifts, surprises, and being my best friend.  Josh truly is the most easy going person and I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for putting us in the right place at the right time to meet and fall in love.  I love Christmas time and romance.  It makes me love him that much more :)

Now for the next four months...our last semester!!!!!!!  I cannot believe it's finally here.  I have been waiting a long time for this.  Josh starts school today and I start Tuesday.  This year will be a year of celebration...celebrating my nine years of school (on and off).  I'm sure there will be other things that pop up (maybe purchase our first home) and moving out of Provo (bittersweet).  We are so excited for what 2012 has in store for us.   




No comments:

Post a Comment