photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Yesterday Was A...

...SUPER DATE!  Josh and I woke up early to hit the famous BYU Lost and Found sale.  There were easily a few hundred people waiting in live.  We got there at 7 am and they didn't open the doors until 9 am SHARP! 


I hadn't even heard about this sale until a few weeks ago.  You have never seen so much stuff in your life!  The entire ballroom of the Wilkenson center had tons of things that have been lost since last years sale.  They even included all of the stuff lost from all the EFY's across the country.  There were sunglasses, iPods (of all types), TVs, tons of clothes, water bottles, etc.  I went straight to the jewelry line, hoping to find something great.  They let ten people in at a time with a ten minute limit.  The only thing I found of worth was a NIXON watch.  It was really scuffed up though...so much that I or Josh would never wear it, and I didn't even know if it was a "real" NIXON.  So I passed.  Since I was in the jewelry line, Josh went to look at everything else.  By the time I got out of the line (probably 15 minutes after the doors to the sale opened) all of the tables were so picked over.  It was crazy.  I found Josh and he had two water bottles, an umbrella, and a COACH cosmetic case.  I went around for a while looking and there seriously was nothing left.  I did find a blow dryer that looked pretty new; I'm afraid mine is about to die.  Everything I got cost a total of $7.50!  For sales this big, you almost need four or five people to just go all different directions and find stuff.  But it was fun overall.

Afterward, we drove up to Salt Lake City to get my hair done.  This is what it looked like before...





We went to Dextirity Salon where my old roommate, Lauren, works.  It was such a fun, hip salon and a blast to see Lauren.  It's been over a year since my last haircut from her and we had a lot of catching up to do.  She always has great ideas to do with my hair and I love how it turned out.  I didn't take an official after picture...but there are some below.

On our way back to Provo, we stopped off in West Jordan at Gardner's Village.  Oh. My. Gosh!  So cute!  If you haven't been there, you need to go.  It was all decorated for Halloween (which I can't believe the holidays are here) and apparently it was "Witches Night Out," so there were a ton of women dressed up as witches.  That night they were having a bunch of fun activities.  I'd love to go back sometime.  Here are some pictures from the day.





We were exhausted by the time we left and I slept the whole way home.  I rested for a big when I got home and then met up with Meg for dinner.  Josh had to study all night :(  Meg and I went to Jason's Deli, gabbed for a couple hours and then went to Target.  Of course you don't realize you need anything until you get there.

We then went home (yes, Meg came to my home) to charge her computer and we watched "She's the Man."  What a great movie.

It was a fun, LONG day.  Can't wait for more holiday festivities!!

No comments:

Post a Comment