photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Naomi's First Cardiology Appointment

What she wore to the doctor.  I am obsessed with her little body and take pictures of her every day!


When Naomi was in the NICU, they detected a heart murmur.  I completely understand how these are very common in newborns and neither, Josh or I, got too excited.  The NICU nurses and doctor did schedule a follow-up appointment for when we would be released.  I was able to coordinate Naomi's appointment and mine and we had them back-to-back.  Never thought I'd be doing that!!

Basically she still has the murmur and her opening in the upper chambers, that is supposed to close, still hasn't.  They didn't seem too concerned and told me to come back in a year and see if it has closed.  If not, they will operate and close it.  This is a description of what she has:


They had to do an EKG and short echocardiogram on her.  She was a little squirmy, but she did really well overall.  

All the leeds are so close together compared to when I have this test done!!

They were flicking this piece of plastic in front of her face to calm her down.  Really?

The tech kept clicking her lips together making the most obnoxious sound to try and calm her down.  It took everything in me not to say, "knock it off, you're making it worse!" 

Just like her mom, super sensitive skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment