photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Friday, March 2, 2018

31 Weeks and 2 Days

I have had requests for an update on my pregnancy and since it's now been over a week, I guess I am long overdue.  

I am now over 31 weeks and still pregnant.  Yay!  I am really feeling great, but I am not using any energy whatsoever, so that's why!  The doctors come in every day and check on me.  I am sure I am the most boring patient they've ever had because nothing seems to change.  It's very uneventful around here, but that is a good thing!

There is a pressure gradient across my valve they have continued to check.  I am not completely clear on how the scale works or how high the scale goes up to (I tried looking it up and WOW...I was confused and there was way too much math involved), but before I was pregnant I was at a 6.  The day I was admitted I had reached 16 and that's what made me stay at the hopsital.  They have been watching my fluids very closely, my I's and O's (input and output).  I had another echo done on Monday and  the number had gone down to 14.  Good to hear that the number hadn't risen.  The fluids inside my body are what they are really concerned about.  Too much fluid pressure on the valve is dangerous, which has resulted in heart failure, now for my second time.  This is what they will be watching closely right after the baby is born.  There are a lot of fluid shifts after delievery for the normal pregnant lady, but in my siutation it's very dangerous.

Speaking of delivery,  we have a set date and time on the books!  I rather not share publicly what that is, just in case it changes, but it is SOON.  I will be having a c-section, which I am a little nervous about, but I know it happens daily and everything will be fine.  At this point, I am the most nervous about my epidural.  Only because I hate needles so much and they will not let Josh in the room with me, AGAIN.  I seriously can't catch a break in this department.  Haha.  But I am trying to wrap my head around it and be prepared as much as possible.   The epidural has to be administered very slowly and I've been told it will take an hour to put in all the medicine.  Apparently, when given an epidural, your blood pressure can easily increase.  They do not want this to happen to me so they have to go slow.  Of course, just drag out my most nerve-wrecking moment. ;)  Once that's in, Josh can come into the OR.  Once the baby is out, they will show her to us and then take her straight to the NICU and I will go off to the CCU (Cardiac Care Unit, equivalent to the ICU for heart patients).  I will be there for at least 24 hours.  Josh and my dad will basically be going back and forth from me and the baby.  Of course I wish I could be the one next to the baby's side, but it's only for 24 hours.  I am glad I know everything ahead of time.  I can mentally and emotionally prepare.  

The doctors anticipate I'll only have to be in the hopsital for another three to four days after delievery.  Make sure I am stable.  I am not sure how long Josh will stay in Atlanta with us, but we are trying to get into the Ronald McDonald House.  The social worker has all of our information and can make the call soon as the baby is born.  Not much can be done before that.  We have also talked to the neonatalogist about transferring the baby to the NICU in Charlotte, NC, closer to home.  That would be amazing if we could do that.  Then I can see both of my girls every day!!  We just have to approve it with insurance.  So cross your fingers!!  If not, I will be in Atlanta until the baby is discharged.  The NICU has told us to plan on being here until the baby's original due date (May 2).  That's what I am planning on but, obviously, hoping for a sooner date.  

My dad is here with me.  If you follow my Instagram account (@tiershawhitmore) you've seen his little bed.  He is such a trooper and I really appreciate the support he has offered while being here.  Both of us being talkers,  keep each other company.  We both have a love of the Gospel and discuss different topics and pray together every night.  Earlier this week was his mother, my grandmother's, birthday.  We talked a lot about his childhood and his parents and grandparents.  I am so grateful to come from such a loving family (on both sides of my parents).  My grandparents love each other so much and I have been able to see that example throughout my entire life.  This was the first time my dad has ever missed his mom's birthday and I appreciate her support and understanding as to why he wasn't there to celebrate her.  


Josh and Charlotte came up last weekend.  It was emotional, to say the least.  Due to flu season, children under 12 cannot come to the individual rooms.  They can only stay in the lobby.  We had to deal with finding a place to hunker down.  It was just a little complicated.  It will probably be the only time she comes to Atlanta.  She cannot visit the NICU either, even though she's a sibling.  There will be a lot of FaceTime.  But when we finally walk through the front door with our sweet new baby, Charlotte will be one thrilled big sister and it will be the best day ever.  I cannot even think about Charlotte without crying.  She is seriously the best thing that has happened to Josh and I.  I really cannot imagine loving another little girl as much as I love Charlotte.  I know it will happen, but WOW!  I am able to FaceTime her every night.  I love that she is distracted during the day with her Gram.  They are having a ball.  Josh's sister, Meg, is also at our house with her two kiddos for a little bit.  Charlotte is in heaven with her cousins and so much is going on to keep her busy.  I am so grateful for all of our family's support!





I still can't get over the fact I'll have TWO kids!!  I know some of you reading this have probably double that, but I have had one for so long, I really can't even believe it.  I am so excited to have two little girls, and it's getting more real each day.  This tiny baby will complete our eternal family.  I am so grateful to the inspiration I have followed to get to where I am today.  I am grateful for such a supportive husband whose faith has never wavered when it came to this.  Josh has been saying for the last five years I could do this.  I have been so up and down and really did doubt my ability to carry another child.  I am so glad Josh was patient with me, never pressuring me or making me feel inadequate.  We really had to be on the same page when it came to expanding our family and I'm glad everything worked out the way it did.  Josh will come up again this weekend and I cannot wait to see him!!  Thank you to everyone who has sent mail, packages, messages, phone calls, hospital visits, putting my name in the temple, and most importantly, your thoughts and prayers.  I really do feel so loved and hope one day I can repay all of the service you have done for me and my family.  I really cannot tell you how excited I am to get back to my normal self!!!  I can't wait to be back in the social circle, get to know my neighbors and ward family better, play outside with Charlotte and take the baby on walks, go to Carowinds this summer, enjoy the wonderful weather it will be by the time I get to leave with the baby,  and just everything that comes along with NORMAL LIFE!! I am not sure what else to write or comment on, but feel free to ask any questions.  I am very slow to respond, but I everntually get around to it.
     

1 comment:

  1. You are so strong and I am glad you have a wonderful family helping you. Having said that, I know it is hard! I hope your normal days come even sooner than you expect. I will keep praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete