photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Sunday, August 5, 2012

We Finally Made It!

This has been a long time coming, but we have finally made it to California! Josh received a job offer at the end of his internship last summer to start full-time in August and it has felt like a LONG time since then. We drove down on Thursday, with my dad driving me and Josh driving the moving truck. It was a long drive (I had to get out and walk around or use the restroom several times). For the most part, we had a smooth move.

Friday, we went to the apartment complex where we will be living. There has been a lot of mix-up and hardly any communication among the employees there, but we have worked everything out. We will move into a one-bedroom on August 18 and then a two-bedroom on September 6 and stay there for a year. I am getting VERY anxious to move in and set up everything before the baby comes and everything else that will be happening this year.

Friday, we also picked up our enormous crib. It was so heavy and Josh did it all on his own. I have felt so bad I cannot help as much during the move. I have really appreciated Josh more than ever at this time. He hasn't complained or mentioned it once that he is doing like 99% of the work. He is such a trooper. Other items of furniture that we have so far are the couch, coffee table (a Craigslist find), kitchen table (another Craigslist find) and dining chairs (free!) that will be a great project to do. I just can't wait to get them all in my new place and start working on all my ideas I have!!

We will probably start going to our new ward after Michael's homecoming talk (August 25). Until then, we have other things happening on Sundays and we won't be moved in until around then anyway.

We meet with my new doctors tomorrow, the OB and Cardiologist. Hopefully we will get more answers of when our little girl will get here, how I will deliver and things like that. I realize I can't have exact answers, but hopefully they give us something to work with. I'm such a planner and it's driving time nuts that it's all up in the air. I will keep you all posted!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate! We've been in temp. housing here in Boston for a month! Luckily we move in this Thursday because I've been going crazy! I have so many projects I want to do before the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete