photo whitmore-home_zpsdad9cfe7.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-believe_zpsc9d51347.png photo whitmore-spacer_zps2a0e07c9.png photo whitmore-single_zps01582287.png

Monday, December 31, 2018

Utah Trip 2018

I have been super busy over the last year, especially, and have not been able to make it out to Utah to visit my family. Fortunately, my parents always make an effort to come out and visit, but Utah is so fun and it was about two years overdue. I booked a flight over Charlotte’s “fall break” (more like a long weekend) and we went! It was Naomi’s first flight (beside her NICU med flight)! I had so many things I wanted to do, but the five or six days I was there went by SUPER fast!!





The main focus of our trip always seems to revolve around food. How does the state of UTAH have the best food? In-N-Out, Cafe Rio, Zupas, Swig, Chip. I didn’t know how many cookie places could be in one concentrated area! Ha! It was all good! 

I was able to hang out with my siblings, especially Annie, a good amount of time. Including touring the new Missionary Training Center the first night we were in town. 










I can’t believe this was Naomi’s first time at Grandma and Grandpa’s house. She loved all the attention she received. She met Gregory, William and Lillee for the first time too!







Another highlight was going to Temple Square (with a quick stop at Kneaders for breakfast). It was a beautiful day and it was fun to show Charlotte where we watched General Conference and walk around. She was only four the last time we went. 



















Another day trip we went to Gardner’s Village. It was all decorated for Halloween. The kids did crafts, Grandpa bought Charlotte and Lillee unicorn headbands, and walked around to see all the decorations. It was very fun!













Some other highlights...


















Although we were having a lot of fun and staying busy, my health was taking a turn for the worst. Each day, it got progressively worse. It was like I could never catch my breath. It was all due to the altitude/elevation. Being in Alpine, I was at about 5,000 feet, opposed to when I’m in South Carolina I’m at 600 feet! I had to get home. I didn’t go home early, which my dad had suggested, but I waited it out. I flew home and instantly felt better. My doctor has since told me not to go back to Utah for now; at least u til my next heart surgery has been done. I’m glad I went, but hope to return sooner than two years, and for longer! 🤞🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment